Let’s recycle :)
Let’s help clean up the environment! 😀
The Waste Trading Markets:
– Every first Friday of the month at the Gold Crest Car Park, Ayala Center (along Arnaiz Ave. Makati), and
– Every third Friday of the month at the Alabang Town Center (Alabang – Zapote Rd)
What the waste market offers:
– Trade scrap paper for new (office/mimeo) paper!
– Trade used ink cartridges for new!
– Sell your electronic waste (junk computers) and old/broken appliances
– Sell your used lead acid batteries
– Redeem the following for cash: PET plastic bottles and other plastics, aluminum/tin cans, scrap glass
– Drop off points also provided for junk cellphones/cellphone batteries/styrofoam
The Waste Markets aim to make recycling convenient and accessible, especially for those who frequent commercial shopping areas, and also to show that Filipinos CAN make recycling a habit!
Philippine Business for the Environment (PBE)
2F DAP Bldg., San Miguel Ave., Ortigas Center Pasig City
Tel: (63-2)635.3670 / (63-2)635.2650 to 51
Website: www.pbe.org.ph / www.iem.net.ph
Hope this announcement will be helpful for those of you living near these trading markets, now you know where to discard your electronic junk and other trash. It’s more earth-friendly to recycle than to throw or burn. Me, I am still thinking where to dispose of the many junkies we have here – old hard disks, floppy drives, LAN cards, diskettes, mouse, cameras, cellphones, batteries, ink cartridges and lots of plastics and bottles…. aargghhh… the list goes on and on.
The thing is, my Dad (who loves to tinker around) is a bit of a ‘junk collector’ himself, not letting go of those old electronic and computer stuff coz he might use some parts in the future. Me, i just want to get rid of them ASAP. Not only do they take up so much space, they also collect dust and haven’t been used for years. Now if only this waste trading market would be here this side of my planet (where our city garbage collector has abandoned us ages ago), maybe my Dad would change his mind.