My first meme
I still consider myself a newbie to the blogosphere. The first time I encountered the word “meme”, I was confused about its meaning. I thought it was a typo error of the word ‘memo’ but it’s more than that. Pronounced as ‘meem’, it is defined by dictionary.com as “a unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.” In the blogging world, it starts as a post by an inspired blogger to challenge the readers to a task, like pinching a stranger beside you or reading a book in German. Nah, seriously now, it’s a fun way of getting to know your blogmates since most memes involve information (by answering questions specified by the meme) and distribution (by tagging other bloggers to do the same)!
Last night, I stumbled upon this cool meme on Snglguy’s (snglguy.com) blog, but I guess I came in late. So, I tagged myself in Ric’s (mentalnoise.blogsome.com) blog, since he was the first to respond to Snglguy’s meme. Okay, this meme is kinda different though, I won’t be answering questions about myself, instead it goes like this. When you comment on this post, I will have to:
1. Respond with something random about you.
2. Challenge you to try something.
3. Pick a color that I associate with you.
4. Tell you something I like about you.
5. Tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. Tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. Ask you something I’ve always wanted to ask you.
8. Pick a song that reminds me of you.
After I’ve done the 8 tasks above, you will then have to post this same meme and my response on your blog. It’s fun, right? 😀
Here’s what Ric did for me when I commented on his blog. I copy-pasted it here with my response in italics:
Here it is. I will try my best.
1. Random: You’re probably a girl who has a knack for details in everything. I can assume that looking at your blog header.
Really, I didn’t know my blog header would speak about that for me… but yeah, that’s a good observation, I really am concerned with details sometimes, especially with my work.
2. Challenge: Sing Aegis’ “Basang-basa sa Ulan” when you go to a videoke. This came to mind because of your post regarding the leaky ceiling.
Waaaah…! I really don’t sing songs I don’t like. That’s a big challenge indeed.
3. Color: Pretty easy! Fuschia? Err…pink na lang. Hehehe.
Yep, it’s obvious!
4. Like: The design of your header.
5. Memory: I was amazed to find another bisaya blog prior to stumbling on bisaya bloggers.
Really? Well, my posts are mostly in English (para global, hehehe…) so this is not really a bisaya blog, but am a true-blue err true-pink bisdak.
6. Animal: Rabbit? Err…because of the color pink. They have pink noses, right?
OK lang, rabbits are cute. Hehehe…
7. Question: Taga asa kang dapit? Hehehe.
Batang Negros (Occidental). 😀
8. Song: Aerosmith’s “Pink”. Don’t ask why anymore.
Yeah, good choice!
Well, how’s that? Hehehe.
That’s about it folks! C’mon, start commenting now!
p.s. If you have already done this meme, you can still comment here, and I will gladly do the 8 tasks for you.